Little Nemo in Slumberland

Reading

I read Little Nemo from the library and to be honest I haven't read the texts a lot. But I took a careful look with the drawings. The cartoon has a very sensible drawing technique and they were even colored. I am not sure but I think I heard that it is colored using by a three-color printing technique and I saw very few of them are slightly off. So maybe I remembered them correctly. The contents are really a fantasy story and I remember the main character is riding a bed and wandering around a mystic world. And then suddenly woke up from the bed.

Actually woke up from the bed is like, really jarring ending in these days. At least in my culture, it is often counted, like almost the worst ending there could be and many people use it as a funny joke in making stories. However, in old time, when people are not used to those ending, I understand the ending should be a rare, unexpecting, and shocking ending to the readers in the time too. So it was interesting. I was reading a book and then he wakes up? At first, I thought, what really? but then I understand the whole concepts after searching about Little Nemo. I understand now that the whole story is about the dream that he has before he woke up from the bed. The whole episodes do!

It was interesting though. I was not really a fan of the story but I did enjoy cute and delicate colored drawings. And as I saw it from the library, the fact that old time comics are drawn in very huge papers was also pleasantly surprising. Except for the point, it is hard to read when they are printed out in small size books. But it was a newspaper cartoon. I think if I were reading it during that time, I might like it a lot!

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

(One who is not popular with drawing but popular in comics and his name sounds like Topherd?)

The Arrival by Shaun Tan

Une Semaine de Bonte